Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Trip to Utah

In April Tommy and I had the chance to go to Utah for a few days. Tommy loved playing with his cousins and Grammy's doggies and I loved being able to relax and see the people I love.
Tommy called Sammy "Black" and he called Kodex "White". He had no problem getting right down with the doggies, letting them lick his hands, and giving them loves. It's a good thing he has Grammy's dogs to visit because he won't have a dog of his own for a very long time:)
I love this picture of my mom playing with her grandkids. I can't imagine her being happier than she is when she is surrounded by those little ones.
Grammy and Tommy had lots of good times at the park together while I took some much needed me-time (went for a run, attended the temple, met my girls for lunch). Tommy showed off a little and and climbed up and went down everything at the park. I guess they spent several hours playing together. He was one tired little boy! Thanks to my mom for watching him all day, although I know she is thanking me for the same thing.
It's hard to get three active kiddos to look at the camera at the same time!
Tommy loved playing with his cousins, Jarom and Makayla. He is finally old enough that he plays with other kids rather than just next to them, so it was really fun to see the kids interact with each other. Jarom is about 2 1/2 years older than Tommy, but the two of them got along so well. They both love to play ball, and Jarom is really gentle with little kids, so they had lots of good times playing together. Below are a couple of videos of the kids playing ball together.


Here are some pictures of the family. Aren't we cute?
From left to right: Jarom, Jamie, Wes, Makayla, Ricky, Sadie, Carson, Crystal, Tommy. We missed you, Ben!
Do you see what I had to put up with growing up?
Me with my sisters-in-law, Jamie and Sadie.
Here is a video of Tommy doing his nightly ritual of beating up the largest man in the house. It wasn't quite as good as jumping on his daddy, but throwing pillows at Carson was pretty fun.
The weather was great the first couple of days we were in Utah, but then it got REALLY cold and snowy. I'm talking like 30 degrees cold. I was planning to run a half marathon at Thanksgiving Point that weekend, but when I woke up to this, I chickened out. I run because it's fun, but running in snow, wind, and 30 degrees? Not fun. So I didn't do it:) Maybe we'll try for a half marathon again this summer.

2 comments:

Hedgecocks said...

I like how the moms and sons are dressed in matching colors!

LJ said...

My rule is first house, first dog. I figure I've bought myself at least a decade of no pets with that one.