I wanted to give everyone an update on Lily's condition so I didn't leave you hanging after that last post! After spending nearly 48 hours in the hospital Lily was able to come home and has been doing great ever since. She is actually happier now than she's been for several weeks. She's back to being the easiest baby in the world, the baby that makes you want to have more babies. Now we just have to keep a Band-Aid over her incision and make sure she gets her meds (can I get a shout-out for baby Loritab anyone?) for the next few days. Ben and I were reminiscing today about where we were last week at this time - in the ER, waiting to hear if they were going to do to surgery that night or the next day, cold, worried, tired. We are so grateful to be home this week:)
Thank you again to everyone who helped out with Tommy and with meals for us. Thank you to all those who offered to help. We had way more helpers than we even had need. It touched us and humbled us to be the recipients of so much love. Thank you to those who prayed for Lily and who called or sent messages of love and support. Your prayers and your love were and still are warmly felt. We are so grateful to be home together again and to have a happy and healthy baby.
Tommy was a trooper through the whole ordeal. By Friday, though, he had had enough and was feeling very neglected and jealous of Lily. So Friday afternoon me and Tommy went on a date. I let him choose what he wanted to do. Of all the activities in the world, what Tommy wanted most was to go to Food City (our Hispanic grocery store) in our pj's. So we did. After I put Lily down for her nap we changed into our pajamas and went to Food City to get a cookie, buy some produce, and ride the electronic digger out front. He's been very well behaved since then. Small thrills, anyone? It was really good for both of us to spend some quality one-on-one time together.
1 comment:
So glad she's doing well! Emmy's surgery was one of the hardest things I've done as a mom and that was planned and she was five. I can't imagine an emergency surgery on a baby! You guys are amazing!
Post a Comment