Saturday, July 30, 2016

Latourell Falls

Whelp, we finally bought a car! More about that later. After 3 1/2 years of living car free it has been quite the adjustment, but it was time. It's a nice shiny used minivan. The kids love that it has a DVD player in it so they can watch a show on longer trips. I love the freedom that we have now, even though I am having some surprising withdrawals from riding the bus daily. I feel much more disconnected from the community now that we simply drive by it. I'm sure we'll find our balance.

The first weekend we had the minivan we celebrated by driving out to the Columbia River Gorge and hiking up to Latourell Falls. Now we can be some of those Oregonians who constantly post pictures of different waterfalls and secret swimming spots!

The hike was a 2 1/2 mile loop. The kids are awesome hikers and loved both the lower falls and the upper falls. I was feeling a bit sick, but carried Clara the whole way while Ben carried the food and supplies. It turns out I actually had Strep Throat so I felt totally vindicated for feeling achy and tired afterward.

No comments: