Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Fun

We had an awesome Easter! It rained on Saturday (a rare occurrence in the Phoenix area), but our ward went ahead with the Easter egg hunt that was planned in the park. Everyone was soaked, but nobody seemed to care. The Arizona natives all seemed to agree that when it rains you must get out in it and really enjoy it. So, we did. Here is a video to prove it.

We dyed Easter eggs together for FHE. It was really fun. Then on Easter we hid each others' eggs around the apartment and spent some time searching for them. Ben replaced the light bulb in my lamp with one of my eggs and I hid one of his inside our printer. We enjoyed Easter dinner with a family in our ward and had a great time visiting and playing Catch Phrase with them after dinner. Needless to say, it was a great weekend.
The Easter egg in my tummy continues to get bigger! Here is a picture at 31 1/2 weeks (about 7 months). We are getting excited and anxious for him to join our family. This week we got a crib (thanks Amanda and Aaron!) and a little organizer with drawers for his clothes and blankets. The baby moves a lot and he still likes to kick Ben when he gets the chance.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I love that often when it rains in Arizona, it REALLY rains. And it's a party. Supply and demand make rain awesome there!

Also, 7 months already? I'm experiencing pangs that I won't get to meet this kid anytime soon. I got to play with two babies tonight, and they were both such fun. Please at least post videos of this baby when he shows up.

And to wrap up, you're both dang cool. Good work.

Jenny said...

Have the baby already!

Oh, I organized all my letters/notes from the last two years today and guess what I found??

Crystal & Jenny
It was fun limping with you. You are both cool.
-Ben

I might frame it.

Stephie said...

You guys are pretty cool...and I like to kick Ben when I can too :)

Crewton said...

You two make me laugh! How fun though!!! And it's going to be even more fun with a kid. I actually can't wait for next year so that Crew knows what is going on.

LJ said...

Please to be letting me know when the baby is born so we can come to visit and eat food at the blessing.