Thursday, February 25, 2010

Backyard Oasis

For the last couple of weeks we have been working on getting our backyard put in. It took about a week. We are so happy to have a beautiful and green yard to spend time together in. When we first moved in the backyard resembled the planet Mars. We were almost a little scared to go back there since there were red ants, broken glass, and all kinds of spiders. Here are the before pictures:
Our nice dirt patch
This is a really tacky homemade cement fountain being removed from the back corner
We can't walk on the grass yet, but we can walk around it and smell it and look at it, which is good enough for now. I planted a garden this week so we are excited to see that grow in as well. One day when we have a little more cash we'll plant trees and shrubs, but we are just so thrilled to have grass for now. Here is how it looks back there now:

5 comments:

Andrea Johnson said...

I'd be excited too if I were you! The new grass looks great. I bet Tommy will love playing on it when you are finally allowed to.

Nae said...

Wow! That's such a difference! :)

Emily said...

OHhh! It's so pretty!

Jenny Allen said...

looks amazing! you've been busy! That's a lotta work.

Anonymous said...

it looks so good!!! the transformation is amazing! we miss you guys! tommy is so cute!! he's going to love that grass! (: