Sunday, July 24, 2011

Father's Day

We just enjoyed a trip to Utah, but it's going to take me awhile to blog about it. I came home with 59 video clips from our 10 short days in Utah. That's right, 59. I know sometimes my blog posts get long, but maybe that will give you an idea of how much I actually abridge to write a blog post:) That will be coming soon, so for now I thought I would post a few pictures for Father's Day. I usually run about one month behind anyway.

Ben is such a great dad. I am so grateful to have married a man that is so good to my babies. Ben is Tommy's idol. He always says that he wants things just like Daddy has them. For example, the other day Tommy chose to wear his Percy underpants, (from Thomas and Friends) and he excitedly exclaimed, "I have Percy underpants, just like Daddy!" when I put them on him. Now, just so we're clear, Ben does not actually where Percy underpants, but I think it's cute that Tommy thinks he does. When we eat meals Tommy always wants a bite of whatever Ben is eating, but he rarely asks me for a bite of what I have. He knows that Ben only eats delicious things, I guess. On Father's Day Tommy wanted to dress just like Ben. He was so proud all day and said things like, "I match Daddy," and "Daddy, Tommy so handsome."
One of Tommy's favorite things to do during the day is go upstairs to "work" with Daddy. Ben set up an old laptop on the floor so that Tommy could have his own computer to work on. If Daddy has a mouse, Tommy has to have one, too. If Daddy has earphones, Tommy has to have some, too. Here are a couple of pictures of the two of them working together. I couldn't get both of them in one shot. I love that Tommy has a piece of toast for a snack, just like Daddy did at the time. So cute.
I am so grateful that my son has such a great role model. Ben is such a great dad and he loves Tommy so much. They wrestle and play every evening, which I appreciate. Ben has also taught Tommy to be very loving and gentle and to give really great hugs. It must be genetic:) Below is a video of a very typical evening of Tommy and Ben playing and laughing together. Actually, this was much more calm than they usually are, but I thought it was cute anyway.