Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 2011

This has been a very productive month!  I'm actually shocked since I'm so pregnant.  I didn't think we would do much in December, but that nesting instinct has taken over and proven otherwise.  There are so many things I want to get done now because I'm worried I'll never get to them if I wait until after the baby is here.  In reality, if she came today we would be totally ready and fine, but since she isn't coming now I keep thinking of projects to do.  Oh well.  She better get here soon.  I'm getting tired:)

Some things we have done include replacing the light fixture in our bathroom (that has been in the works for a solid 16 months or so), purchasing and painting a dresser and nightstand for Tommy, canning 40 pounds of beef, and basically being totally OCD about cleaning and recleaning my house.  The only downside I can see to having the baby at home is that I feel a bit panicked about making sure our house is clean from top to bottom, and that it stays that way constantly since we don't know exactly when the baby will come.  Here are some before and after pictures of the dresser we bought for Tommy's room:
Anyway, we have also had a lot of fun this month.  We went to the Mesa Temple and we went to Zoo Lights.  Tommy loves Christmas lights as only a 2-year-old can.  It makes the season so much more special and fun that he is totally into it.  I was a little bit skeptical about going to the zoo to see the lights since it seems just downright weird to go to the zoo in the dark when all the animals are inside.  But, the lights were pretty amazing and the atmosphere was so festive.  Did I mention how awesome it is to walk around and see Christmas lights dressed in a light jacket?  Most of the lights were animals, so we found this giant lighted Stay Puft Marshmallow Man slightly disturbing. 
We celebrated Ben's 31st birthday this month by eating pizza and homemade apple pie.  I celebrated by buying our little girl this adorable dress (she is going to bankrupt us).  Tommy insisted that we sing "Happy Birthday" before we open each and every present.  It was a lot of singing.

Here is a video of Tommy kickboxing:

And, of course, the token video of Tommy wrestling with his friends. Amazingly, neither the tent nor any of the boys suffered permanent damage in the filming of this video.

No comments: