Today I took the kids to the park where we met a 12-year-old neighbor boy. He talked to us the entire time we were there and told us about how he skateboards, roller blades, bikes, and so on. Tommy was absolutely enthralled with this boy.
Well, in an effort to make the conversation more two-sided the boy asked me if my husband skateboards. Trying to stifle my laughter without making it obvious (any of you who know Ben should chuckle at the idea of him being a skateboarder) I politely told him no, my husband doesn't do anything like that. Then, trying to include Tommy in the conversation, I said, "Tommy, tell our friend what Daddy likes to do."
Tommy thought about it for a minute. I assumed he would either say something about how his daddy works on the computer or that he would just make something up. What did he come up with?
He turned to the boy and said matter-of-factly, "My daddy likes to open the fridge to see what's for dinner."
And there you have it, folks. Ben in a nutshell.
2 comments:
Oh sweet mother of pearl.
That is hilarious. :) Love it!
Post a Comment