Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Couple of Good-Looking Kids

I was playing around with my camera a few days ago and took some cute pictures of Lily.  These are when she was about four or five weeks old.  Tommy was kind enough to let me use Mr. Wrinkles as a prop.  Her hair kind of looks reddish in these pictures.  We are still undecided on the true color of her hair.  Red?  Blonde?  Brown?  Only time will tell.
Below is a picture of Tommy asleep in the hallway.  This is how he always falls asleep nowadays.  He uses Wrinkles as a pillow and always has his dump truck book in his hand.  Tommy is such a stickler for well defined rules.  We made it clear that he is not to leave his room once we put him to bed.  He can get out of bed and go anywhere and do anything as long as he doesn't wake us up or come out of his room.  Most nights we find him asleep like this, so we pick him up and put him in his bed.  Most mornings I find him right in his door frame, waiting for me to come get him.  He even asks me, "Mom, can I come out now?"  Sometimes he even traces the line in the carpet over which he can't cross.  It's really funny to me, but I love it because it means he never comes into our room during the night and he never leaves his room during quiet time.  I don't even have to close the door.  He's a real character and we love him so much.
 Last Sunday after I got the kids ready for church I couldn't stop admiring how beautiful/handsome they are.  It's hard to believe such good-looking kids came from Ben and me!

2 comments:

Jenny Allen said...

They are beautiful! I miss you! Hope you are doing well with being a family of 4!

krebscout said...

How did you do that? How do you get him to stay in his room?