Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Love To See The Temple, But Dinosaurs Would Have Been Cool, Too

This week we got all geared up to go to the dinosaur museum in Mesa.  Tommy was excited to dig for dinosaur bones and I was all packed and ready to take the kids on the trek to Mesa by myself.  There was a lot of anticipation and high expectations.

We drove the 45-minute route to the museum.  We parked in the same spot we always park in (Tommy wouldn't let me park in any other spot).  We walked to the entrance, tried to open the door, and...it was locked.  Come to find out the dinosaur museum is closed on Mondays, just in case anyone else wanted to know.

I threw my disappointed children back into the car and tried to make the most of the afternoon.  We were already in Mesa and it was a beautiful winter day so I decided to take the kids to the temple grounds.  It was really wonderful.  Because the temple is closed on Mondays, the grounds and the visitor's center were basically empty.  We walked around and breathed in the fresh fragrance of colorful flowers.  We admired the fountains and pools and Tommy thought they looked like good places to wash his hands.  Tommy enjoyed watching the workers weed the flower beds and work on the temple walls.  We had a lovely afternoon.

We also went into the visitor's center where we got to hear the Christus presentation twice because Tommy enjoyed it so much.  Then watched a little walk-through video presentation about how families can be together forever because of the blessings of the temple.  It made me cry as I held my two kids and felt the Spirit testify that what we were hearing was true.  It was uplifting and beautiful.

We had a wonderful day together, even though we didn't get to dig for dinosaur bones.

No comments: