Tonight Ben and I went on a date to the temple and then to dinner. The temple is one of the only places we really can't get to without a car. Enter Getaround, the peer-to-peer car sharing system where we rent a car from one of our enrolled neighbors for an hourly rate. It's fully insured and way cheaper than any other service we have found. This time we went the full hippie and rented a fully electric car called the Think City. It is a two-seater and one of those "tin can" looking cars. We were excited about driving it, but honestly, it wasn't any different from driving a regular car. The only differences we noticed were that it was silent when we turned it on and that when we got going fast on the highway we were treated with a high pitch wail. Being able to drop it off at the end of the night without stopping at a gas station was truly awesome. We'll definitely be renting that car again!
We stopped at a Thai restaurant just a couple of blocks from our apartment called Chiang Mai for
dinner. It was amazing food. Ben and I stuffed ourselves silly with stir fry and curry. I didn't get any pictures of the food because I was hungry and ate it too fast. Needless to say, it was well worth the wait and we will definitely be going there again for a date night or takeout.
Today Ben also learned how to ride the cargo bike. He was terrified at first so I suggested he take me for a spin on the back before taking the kids. This was incredibly fun for both of us. And guess what? I didn't spill me or the kids when he took them out later. Good on ya, Ben.



No comments:
Post a Comment