On another note, I am loving our decision this time to have a midwife deliver our baby. We have an amazing midwife who comes to our home for all of the prenatal visits. She does all of the things a doctor would do except that I feel like she actually knows me and my family. I don't ever feel like I am infringing on her time or keeping her from something else that is more important. When she is here she is totally here for me. She has visited with us for about an hour at each appointment, answering my questions and sometimes just chatting. It has been a wonderful experience so far.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
It's a Girl! (at least we think so)
Today we got the much-anticipated 18 week ultrasound during which we determined our baby is a girl. Yay! The tech was pretty sure (60% he said). This little baby was jumping and moving during the whole ultrasound. They had a hard time getting any good pictures. Every time they got her in a good position she would jump or bounce away before they could push the snapshot button on the computer. It was actually really funny. We went to an ultrasound school, which was awesome because the ultrasound lasted for an entire hour. At first I was kind of bugged that it was going to take so long, but as it progressed I found myself loving the experience of lying down and watching my little baby dance for such a long time. Ben didn't love it as much since he was in charge of keeping Tommy happy and entertained for the entire time:) They spent a lot of time showing and measuring each little part of the baby and explaining what everything means. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Our baby is healthy and active, which is just what we want:) Below is the best picture we were able to get of the baby. They tried to get a good profile shot the whole time, but she was just moving too much. We walked away with 13 pictures of her various body parts and this is the best profile we got:) I love this picture because it really tells the story of how the ultrasound went. She's upside down (it's a really clear shot of her foot, leg and torso!) and her head got cut out of the picture on the bottom right. Love it. We are so excited to meet this little girl.
On another note, I am loving our decision this time to have a midwife deliver our baby. We have an amazing midwife who comes to our home for all of the prenatal visits. She does all of the things a doctor would do except that I feel like she actually knows me and my family. I don't ever feel like I am infringing on her time or keeping her from something else that is more important. When she is here she is totally here for me. She has visited with us for about an hour at each appointment, answering my questions and sometimes just chatting. It has been a wonderful experience so far.
On another note, I am loving our decision this time to have a midwife deliver our baby. We have an amazing midwife who comes to our home for all of the prenatal visits. She does all of the things a doctor would do except that I feel like she actually knows me and my family. I don't ever feel like I am infringing on her time or keeping her from something else that is more important. When she is here she is totally here for me. She has visited with us for about an hour at each appointment, answering my questions and sometimes just chatting. It has been a wonderful experience so far.
Labels:
baby,
ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats! A girl! Yeah!
PINK!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Are you delivering at home or at a birthing center? Super happy for you.
yay! Congratulations! That is so exciting!
I'm so excited for you! Do you get another ultrasound later on to double check the gender? She sounds like an active little girl!
Thanks, everyone! Poiette, we are planning to have the baby at home! I'm so excited:)
Andrea, we'll probably get another ultrasound in a few weeks, just to be sure. I have already boxed up all of Tommy's old boy clothes to be stored in the attic, though:) Because we did the ultrasound at a school they are free of charge and really long, so that's fun.
Oh my, how you'll love picking out her clothes! I don't even go into the baby girls' section of stores unless I have a specific purpose, otherwise I know my savings account would dry up. I don't know what having a boy is like, but I can tell you that having a girl is sooooo fun!
Girls are a lot of fun! Congrats!
So excited for you guys!! Congrats!
--Lisa and Keith
CONGRATUFREAKINLATIONS! So so happy for you guys! Yippee!!
Post a Comment